More than 75% of any Oracle Fusion applications implementation projects are delayed by one process that most Enterprises take for granted, and that single reason for the delays is Data Migration.
Data Migration needs some factors to be in place for it to be seamless, and the top three are:
- Coordination & collaboration – teams that deal with business objectives, technical implementation, data & those that
deal with analytics have all got to be ‘on the same page’
- Automation – A large portion of the migration process can be automated to make it faster and devoid of human error
- Experience – Data migration is in itself a complex project and hence the more experienced your team is, the easier
and more seamless the process will be
eAppSys checks the above three boxes and have helped organisations successfully migrate data and implement Oracle solutions
The two most important and often overlooked starting points for a successful Data Migration project are planning for Technical and Business reconciliation. All aspects of data migration come under these two broad heads and starting the process with an anticipation of what could potentially be a roadblock, is essential to be ready for tackling any obstacles.
The process of Technical & Business reconciliation ensures consistency and accuracy between the technical aspects of migrating data and meeting the corresponding business objectives. This process is crucial to guarantee that data is successfully and accurately transferred from one system or environment to another while meeting the intended business goals and objectives.
Technical Reconciliation: Technical reconciliation focuses on the accurate transfer of data from the source system to the target system and includes, although not necessarily in this order and not only just these processes:
- Data Integrity: Ensuring that data remains consistent, complete, and error-free during (and after) the migration process. This involves verifying that data formats, structures, and values are maintained.
- Data Mapping: Mapping data elements from a single or multiple source/s to the target system, ensuring that each data element is correctly transformed and placed in the appropriate location.
- Validation: Verifying that data transformation rules and calculations are accurately applied, and any discrepancies are identified and resolved.
- Error Handling: Establishing processes to identify and address data migration errors promptly. This might involve logging errors, notifying stakeholders, and implementing corrective actions.
- Data Cleansing: Cleaning up and standardizing data as it is migrated to ensure that inconsistent or inaccurate data is rectified.
Business Reconciliation: Business reconciliation focuses on aligning the data migration process with the specific needs of the business. This involves:
- Business Rules: Ensuring that the migration process adheres to the business rules and logic governing how data should be treated, transformed and validated.
- Data Consistency: Verifying that data relationships and dependencies are maintained after migration, so that business processes and more importantly, analytics continue to function as expected.
- User Acceptance: Involving business stakeholders’ validation of the migrated data against their expectations and needs, ensuring that the data serves the intended business purposes.
- Reporting and Analytics: Verifying that the migrated data is accurately feeding reporting and analytics systems, enabling informed data-driven-decision-making.
- Audit and Compliance: Ensuring that migrated data meets regulatory and compliance standards relevant to the business.
The reconciliation process involves close collaboration between technical teams responsible for the migration and business teams that rely on the accuracy and integrity of the migrated data. Any discrepancies or issues discovered during reconciliation need to be promptly addressed to ensure a successful data migration that meets both technical and business requirements.
eAppSys Limited, a Global Oracle Partner based out of London, United Kingdom, has unveiled, the latest version of its data migration platform, DMOne Cloud, which takes care of automating most of the processes mentioned above, and more.
Some of the challenges that DMOne Cloud helps Enterprises overcome are:
- Years of legacy data from multiple legacy systems, a large part of which would be redundant.
- Concurrent projects leading to duplicate data in most cases
- Constantly changing configurations
- Poor visibility into data quality leading to erroneous reporting
- Poor progression reporting
- Being ready for changing future state business requirements
Specifically, what DMOne Cloud in its latest avatar allows our customers to do is:
- Extracting data from multiple disparate sources. DMOne Cloud provides for users to deploy rule-based extraction with “Out of the Box” components for rule-based extraction, transformation, validation, file preparation and reconciliation. DMOne Cloud handles multiple source system and multiple target file formats to multiple systems if required
- Cleansing data from multiple sources and creating a database that will go on to be a single source of truth. Enterprises will be able to deploy cleansed data across multiple Fusion applications. This is also available as a stand-alone Data Governance solution.
- Enriching data with meaningful & adequate additions across the board
- DMOne Cloud lets users get an early insight into data issues ensuring reduced load iterations. Loading is made easy, and iterations are reduced due to in-built features like ‘Config comparison’, ‘Error Handling’ and an extremely intuitive UI that lets users see what they can expect even before starting on a load cycle. Large amounts of data can be loaded error-free and completely in as little as 2 or 3 load iterations.
- The advanced reporting built in to DMOne Cloud allows insights into data ensuring high quality data which in turn enables the right kind of data-driven-decision making
Apart from path breaking enhancements in its core structure that makes it more robust, scalable & secure, the changes include a more intuitive user interface that enriches the user experience.
- We have adopted the same design language used for Oracle SaaS Applications & the experience will be the same across DMOne Cloud
- Load iterations are flexible – you can load data based on Geography or Business Unit or Periodicity (monthly, weekly etc)
- Helpful wizards available to guide users through load iterations
- Parallel payroll reconciliation
- Includes ‘out of the box’ solutions across the board in all Oracle pillars – HCM, SCM, ERP, PPM etc.
eAppSys has been in the business for 12 years now and amongst our customers are UK Government, Pharmaceutical Giants, Infra-structure Development companies & Financial Institutions.
Our people are extremely focused, completely customer oriented & have developed a mindset that places great emphasis on attention to detail. They undergo trainings & certifications on newer products & technologies, and stay abreast of the curve bringing the best to our customers.
All three factors (Process, Platform & People) enable enormous business benefits for our customers, some of which are:
- Accurate and relevant data to ensure data-driven decision making
- Enhanced monitoring & Reporting
- Transparency through the process
- Reduced load iterations
- First time right with no delays
e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information or a demonstration of the product.